Bacon and Mushroom Bite-Size Quiche
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 35 Min.
What you need:
+ 8 slices sliced bacon
+ 1/4 lb. fresh mushrooms, chopped
+ 1 Tbsp. butter
+ 1/3 c. chopped green onion
+ 1 2/3 c. Swiss cheese, shredded
+ pastry for double-crust pie (homemade or purchased)
+ 5 eggs
+ 1 2/3 c. sour cream
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 375*F. On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry dough 1/ 16-in. thick. Using a 3-in. cutter, cut out 42 circles; re-roll scraps as needed. Fit circles into bottoms and slightly up sides of lightly greased 2 1/2-in. muffin pans.
2. Meanwhile, fry bacon slices until crisp, drain; crumble or chop. Chop mushrooms, sauté in butter until limp and liquid evaporates. Combine bacon, mushrooms, green onion and cheese. Divide filling equally among muffin cups.
3. In large bowl, beat together eggs, add sour cream and stir until smooth. Spoon about 1 Tbsp. into each muffin cup. Bake until puffed and light brown, 20-25 min. Cool in pans 5 min.; lift out.
4. Serve warm or let cool on wire racks. If made ahead, wrap cooled quiches airtight, and refrigerate overnight. Reheat, uncovered, in a 350*F oven for about 10 min.
* Nutritional information does not include suggested side dishes
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit:
Calories: 95; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 35mg; Total Carbs: 4g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 87mg;