Prep Time: 2 Hr.
Cook Time: 10 Min.What you need:
+ 1 c. flour, sifted
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1/2 tsp. easy blend dried yeast
+ 1 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 1/2 c. warm water
+ 3/4 c. prepared tomato pizza sauce
+ 2 oz Mozzarella, grated
+ 2 oz Cheddar, grated
*+ Options: Cherry tomato slices, halved salami slices, pepper strips, strips of ham, canned sweet corn for decoration
What to do:1. Combine flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl then make a well in the center and add the oil and enough water to make into soft and pliable, but not sticky dough. 2. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for approx. 5 min. or until smooth and elastic.
3. Place the dough in a lightly oiled, clean bowl, cover with a dish towel and leave in a warm place for approx 1 hour or until doubled in size.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2-3 min. Divide the dough into 4 equal amounts and then roll each into a circle measuring approx. 6 inches in diameter and place on a lightly greased baking tray. Let it sit for a further 30 min. or until the dough has risen.
5. Preheat the oven to 400F*. Spread tomato sauce over the dough; then mix together the cheeses and sprinkle on top.
6. Use the remaining ingredients to top the pizzas, for example using the tomato slices as eyes, halved salami slices or pepper strips as mouths, ham strips as hair, sweet corn kernels as teeth or eyeballs etc until you have a family of fun pizza faces.
7. Cook in the preheated oven for 8-10 min. or until the crust is golden brown and the topping is bubbling. Use a spatula to lift the crust from the baking tray and check to see that the dough in the center is properly cooked. Serve immediately with salad or vegetables.Nutritional information:Calories: 409; Total Fat: 15g; Total Carbs: 51g; Fiber: 3g; Sodium: 300mg;
Courtesy of Flour Advisory Bureau